NETGEAR Case Study
Expanding Channel Extensions
NETGEAR® (NASDAQ: NTGR) has pioneered advanced networking technologies for homes, businesses and service providers around the world since 1996, and leads the industry with a broad range of award-winning products. The company is dedicated to delivering innovative and advanced connected solutions ranging from mobile and cloud-based services for enhanced control and security, to smart networking products, video over Ethernet for Pro AV applications, easy-to-use WiFi solutions and performance gaming routers to enhance online play.
NETGEAR had enjoyed significant success in the Pro AV channels and wanted to extend that success to the CEDIA-level residential custom integration channels. The company had recently added the industry’s first Quad-band mesh WIFI 6E system to its Orbi series, which the company has positioned as the “World’s Most Powerful WIFI System.” NETGEAR had identified the system as a possible tip of the spear entry into integration channels.
bluesalve Partners was engaged to assist NETGEAR in the evolution of its strategy by helping the Company understand the incremental sales opportunities in the custom integration AV and security install channels for NETGEAR products.
bluesalve conducted deep-dive interviews with an extensive range of over 40 internal and external stakeholders. External interviewees included dealers, buying group executives, distributors and integration veterans. Internal interviews provided us with a full understanding of NETGEAR’s technology, support capabilities and product lines. To understand the full brand and product experience, we performed a full integration of the company’s mesh and switches from its Pro AV division, and also auditioned their high-end consumer mesh router in our own residential settings.
Output from the Phase I engagement consisted of a detailed analysis highlighting:
- An overview of channel TAM, as well as TAM for networking products and SAM for NETGEAR products
- An overview of channel distributors and buying groups, including basic program requirements and current channel conflicts surfaced
- Identification of key bell cow dealers by geographic region as well as within the various buying groups
- Identification of NETGEAR product and/or technology sweet spots with tactical recommendations to leverage them into placement
- Identification of key opportunities for third-party integrations or technology partnerships
- Strength and weakness analysis, as well as estimated sales of all relevant competitors
As a result of bluesalve’s research, NETGEAR has a coherent strategic and tactical formula to succeed in the channel, and the company is currently executing on plan.
Let's Work Together.
We’ll help to strengthen and grow your business through our decades of experience and proven successes.